reverse cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daviemccann

Reaction score
i have a 2010 d4 with the all round camera system. which appartnly works via the high low can bus system (correct me if am wrong as i am a nub) the problem i have is most of the camera donts work including the reverse. the ones that do work are the left side mirror front, right bumper. the all round camera dont bother me too much althought it would be nice to have them working its not really that important. what i would really like to know is if there is a way i can bypass the hard wired camera and install an after market that will use the orignal screen. surly there must be a way.
if any one has done this or can direct me to a video or instruction manuel or even just say it cant be done any kind of insight would be great

thanks in advance

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you investigated why the cameras don't work? The camera itself might be the same unit between the different locations, so you might be able to swap from one of the surround cameras with the rear, without having to change wiring. If you have an IID Tool, it will usually give you detailed codes that your standard OBD2 reader won't. Mine for example told me I had a bulb out for the courtesy light of the front passenger door.

daviemccann

Reaction score
the rear cam had a lot of water damage and trying to find a replacement has been a bit of a night mare unless i want to go to land rover direct and spend over £400
i dont think so

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV