Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform and Batwing Awning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Digging this thread up from the dead. @Vytec did you have any issues with sat/gps reception? Installed the same Backbone system over the weekend on my 2013 LR4 without the spacers. Of course it's hitting the antenna. Thinking about notching the rack instead of running the spacers.

Vytec

Reaction score
Digging this thread up from the dead. @Vytec did you have any issues with sat/gps reception? Installed the same Backbone system over the weekend on my 2013 LR4 without the spacers. Of course it's hitting the antenna. Thinking about notching the rack instead of running the spacers.

No I didn’t have any issues to speak of unless I had a bunch of stuff loaded near the antenna. The rack itself didn’t have any impact.

Reaction score
No I didn’t have any issues to speak of unless I had a bunch of stuff loaded near the antenna. The rack itself didn’t have any impact.

Thank you for the quick response. For anyone interested this is contact point we are referring to.

Backbone Contact.jpg

Reaction score
Update: I pulled the platform back off last night and cut a notch in the underside of it to clear the antenna. With the goal of keeping the rack as low as possible I wasn't keen on the spacers as an option. Fits like a glove now!

RR.1.jpg

RR.2.jpg

RR.3.jpg

RR.4.jpg

Edward2595

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member