Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Funny you just posted, because I just posted my DIY solution for LR4 roof rails!
That's probably THE best DIY solution I've seen! Good job! If you need more support, underneath those round plastic tabs are more m6 mounting holes.

JWLR4

Reaction score
That's probably THE best DIY solution I've seen! Good job! If you need more support, underneath those round plastic tabs are more m6 mounting holes.
Thanks! And yes...I’m actually going to tap into the other two mounting points, just for good measure. :rock:

BMullensNH

Reaction score
I put the short rails (got them off a parted out rig) on my 2015 LR4 and bought OEM cross bars. Word to the wise; when attaching the rails to the roof, you first remove the escutcheons (coated aluminum strips that cover the mounting points). What I found was that the plugs for the mounting studs had let water get in and were rusted. I found out the hard way that the bolts used to mount the rails onto the roof are shear bolts and they snap pretty easily. The good part is that the studs they screw into are removable/replaceable. I ended up snapping two bolts in the studs, had to replace the studs and reseal the track they sit in. Major PIA. The lesson here is to clean out the rusted female threads before trying to mount the rack. Hope that helps!

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the short rails (got them off a parted out rig) on my 2015 LR4 and bought OEM cross bars. Word to the wise; when attaching the rails to the roof, you first remove the escutcheons (coated aluminum strips that cover the mounting points). What I found was that the plugs for the mounting studs had let water get in and were rusted. I found out the hard way that the bolts used to mount the rails onto the roof are shear bolts and they snap pretty easily. The good part is that the studs they screw into are removable/replaceable. I ended up snapping two bolts in the studs, had to replace the studs and reseal the track they sit in. Major PIA. The lesson here is to clean out the rusted female threads before trying to mount the rack. Hope that helps!

Ditto - but I wouldn't even try cleaning (didn't work for me) - just plan on replacing them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV