Rotate Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neeko2112

Reaction score
Just had my first year service and i forgot to ask them about rotating the tires. Doesnt look like they did it and from what i've read around here its not part of the service deal, is it?

p.s. Love the DIY oil change discussions. Cant wait to give that a try!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my first year service and i forgot to ask them about rotating the tires. Doesnt look like they did it and from what i've read around here its not part of the service deal, is it?

p.s. Love the DIY oil change discussions. Cant wait to give that a try!

Hmmm... I thought they rotated mine during my 1 year service. I asked about it, but I didn't actually check.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't rotate my tires at the first oil change. I guess you would have to pay for it or do it yourself.

Rob

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
Just thinking aloud, I wonder if anyone here knows but would there be any benefit in rotating tyres on a full time 4wd?

neeko2112

Reaction score
I was thinking you would want to rotate since the fronts handle the turning?

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4wd won't make up for the uneven wear the tires will experience from front to back. The loads put on each are very different front to back as well as side to side. The front tires take the brunt of the braking load and turning loads. The rears definitely have it easier. Rotating tires on a full time 4wd vehicle like ours is even MORE important because the computers read tire rotation as part of it's program. Uneven tires will cause inconsistent rotation due to the diameters being off and the computer will not be ok with that at all. I've seen bad vibrations, error codes and cars going into "limp home" mode due to this. I don't mean to preach doomsday, just saying it's something that shouldn't be overlooked.

eaglerover

Reaction score
Dealer shared with me every 7k would be fine...however, he said that the contis on the LR4s have been wearing well...stated it would be fine to wait till the next annual service.

aesopian

Reaction score
A tire rotation is not part of my oil change and other services provided complimentary from the dealership. I believe the first rotation was complimentary. Now my tires are rotated only when I ask for it and I ensure I get an alignment which runs about $100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM