Rover Tech's in this site?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

SChargedRRS

Was just wondering if we have any Land Rover tech's that post on this site? I will most likely have questions along the way and would like to know we have this resource.

On the GM diesel site I am a member of, we have 3 or 4 GM ASE certified Master techs that post all the time. Has been very very beneficial to all.

Thanks

X

xcursion

That sure would be nice but I dont think LR is that proactive with its customer. I however think some people on this forum (ie grommet) is better than certified techs.....

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were some ex-techs who were posting on here regularly, but most have fallen by the wayside due to health, moving, or other concerns.

User experience alone is worth hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars in savings. That is what makes sites like this one and many others valuable.

S

SChargedRRS

Agreed. Sites like this are extremely informative and help us customers. I have found typically that dealers are not very forth coming with their information for a variety of reasons.

#1 is Money!!!!. They want it and they want to take it from you in large amounts!

There are alot of techs that are not very competent and do not put the extra effort forward to find the root cause of the problem. They plug in the OBD-II and if the scan shows nothing then they say nothing found when in fact we know as the user there is something not right.

When someone gets a problem identified and fixed and shares the fix with others.

TSB notifications

Recalls

Doing your own maintenance and things to watch out for.

Allows us customers to be informed when taking our vehicles in for service. I hate the fact that alot of service advisors think customers are ignorant and know nothing. I am also not fond of the fact that they take advantage of people (Senior citizens and young women) Cars are not cheap anymore. these are significant purchases for most people nowadays.

The Diesel sites I assist on have 3 very good techs that are very forth coming with info and latest greatest tech stuff. We also have a guy who works at the Duramax Engine facility and talks about engines. It would be nice to have a few here. I have noticed this site does not have a lot of activity. The Diesel site has nearly 150-200 posts a day in the various forums.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This site is actually pretty active for a Land Rover site. There is still a lot of activity on the alt.fan.land-rover newgroup, but most of that is UK-based. There are several other sites as well, but those don't have as much activity re: LR3 as here.

Techs seem reluctant to post -- maybe afraid they'll be found out :biggrin:

T

Tomasz

SChargedRRS said:
Agreed. Sites like this are extremely informative and help us customers. I have found typically that dealers are not very forth coming with their information for a variety of reasons.

#1 is Money!!!!. They want it and they want to take it from you in large amounts!

There are alot of techs that are not very competent and do not put the extra effort forward to find the root cause of the problem. They plug in the OBD-II and if the scan shows nothing then they say nothing found when in fact we know as the user there is something not right.

When someone gets a problem identified and fixed and shares the fix with others.

TSB notifications

Recalls

Doing your own maintenance and things to watch out for.

Allows us customers to be informed when taking our vehicles in for service. I hate the fact that alot of service advisors think customers are ignorant and know nothing. I am also not fond of the fact that they take advantage of people (Senior citizens and young women) Cars are not cheap anymore. these are significant purchases for most people nowadays.

The Diesel sites I assist on have 3 very good techs that are very forth coming with info and latest greatest tech stuff. We also have a guy who works at the Duramax Engine facility and talks about engines. It would be nice to have a few here. I have noticed this site does not have a lot of activity. The Diesel site has nearly 150-200 posts a day in the various forums.
I am trying http://www.disco3.co.uk/

S

SChargedRRS

Interesting comment Moose. I think you may be right that they fear they might get caught. Most on other forums never say their names and quite honestly, we never ask. Kind of the unwritten rule. The information gathered is far more important than knowing who is helping us.

Thanks Tomasz. All we need is one good tech to answer and assist as his time allows.

So I have a question, Since there seems to be a "Suspension" problem with LR3's what is causing it? I only ask since the RRS is based on the LR platform.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electrical faults, IIRC from reading the posts here and elsewhere. In other words, there is nothing you can do to prevent it, until there is a recall issued.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And failing compressors... again, until it breaks, nothing you can do. Mine hasn't.

There are, of course, a myriad of other possible problems that can cause a suspension issue. These are not simple vehicles.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why, the longer people have Rovers (assuming they stay in the "Rover game"), the more likely they are to get a Series truck. Minimal electrics, no electronics, coils or leaf springs, mechanical gauges, and on, and on, and on. :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72