Rover Tech's in this site?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

SChargedRRS

Yeah...I wonder about this air bag suspension system. My wife likes lowering it to get out. Very convenient. I am a very mechanical type. Like it simple, simpler means longer life in most cases and much easier to service and maintain. I have looked at some of the code on the ECM for RRS and it is nuts ! The potential error codes is HUGE. Nowadays we have to be cautious as the ECM and TCM speak in conjunction with one another not apart. Most of this is driven by emissions requirements. I wonder how they pulled off the 'Manual" shift application. I buzz this baby up pretty good already. I know I am not meeting emission requirements. On a tech note: I would like to say I drove the RRS to 116mph last night. Incredibly stable. I am impressed. I am trying to decipher where the speed limiter is set. Someone said 95, well that's wrong, some have said 120, been close and no noticeable defueling feeling. The marketing blip says 140. I will not find a stretch of road to hit 140. 120 is plausible. I wish it came with a boost gauge. There is an error code for overboost but did not say what that value is. The supercharger is little. Bet boost is no more than 14. I do not get that super hard pull feel as you would expect with larger boost values. The brakes on this are AWESOME. They are using very soft material brake pad. Dust gets all over the wheels in a couple of days. I suspect they will start to glaze and crack at some point. I will have to upgrade these to some semi metallics. Rotors are thick and air cooled so I am not worried about warpage.

Hey and I found the manual for the remote to operate the entertainment system.....AMEN...... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RRS S/C is really limited at 140 MPH. I personally wouldn't want to get a large SUV even close to that speed, no matter how many electronic features assist the handling. :) LR3 is limited at 121 MPH and I honestly don't think the (lack of) aerodynamics would allow much faster.

S

SChargedRRS

Grommet,
I agree and I know you were not thinking I am a knucklehead speeder. I do things very controlled as best they can on long farm roads. My partner was 2 miles down with walkie talkie. I wonder what the curb weight of the RRS is? I will have to check the door. I have to say the RRS is better aerodynamically then the LR3 but both are flying bricks. I do not think the RRS can hit 140. It would take alot of road and I will personally not try it. Although still NHRA certified for 7.49 or quicker at a track, There is not a safe enough road around and I know a vehicles limitations. This would not be ideal at 140... :)

Surprisingly Grommet it has excellent mannerism at that speed. You really never feel like you are going that fast. The RRS was very quiet, no air whistling. Stopping was precise and did not do anything uncontrollable. It actually slows rather fast. This I bet is due to better tires and larger brakes than a standard type SUV. Honestly It was very comfortable and unsuspecting to 100mph, thats when I started watching the speedo and listening to my friend on the headset. We had it marked where I had to be out of it to stop with no panic. I also left from a dead stop and did not wood it. I rolled into it. I like testing cars. I love chassis dyno'ing. That is next when I am in Las Vegas in February. I at some point will get it off the street(Notice I how I did not say "off road".... ;) . Wife seems pretty content to let me test as long as I do not dork it up. She has followed me for years drag racing.

I will update as I do further real unsolicited tests.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72