Rr Glove Compartment Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dbs600

HELLO:

I have a 2000 Range Rover and recently my glove compartment has become very loose. The particular section affected is the right side (when closed it does not close flush with the wood trim below the air bag). Now, when its closed and I drive over any little bump I hear a rattle. When the car was new this happened and the dealer had no problem tightenning it for free, but now that the car is 6 years old - I estimate that they'll not be as helpful.

Has anyone had a similar problem. And if so, what have you done to fix it?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,

JD

D

dbs600

I haven't found a fix just yet, but I called the dealer to inquire and they stated that if the entire unit has to be replaced (which is often the case) it would run upwards of $1100! I could not believe what I was hearing. Is this true? Has anyone had a similar experience? Would this be covered by Land Rover's extended warranty? I asked if it would and both dealers (I called two) stated that first I would need to bring in the truck for a diagnosis and then they would be able to call the extended warranty to inquire on coverage. However, they both said that there would be a diagnostic fee if not covered. Am I crazy, are they, or does this entire thing just not make sense for a glove box? $1100!!!???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM