Same Parts different numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidkaleta

Reaction score
Hi All. Need to replace my suspension (air bags), The local dealer is telling me that he has no LR4 complete units, but that the LR3 (Which he has) are the same units, just different part numbers, can anyone confirm this?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are the same.

If you'd really like to save money, you can order the OE units from the UK (assuming you are in the US) from a place like LR Direct. But if you are at your dealer, the S.S. Save Money set sail a long, long time ago.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Physically they are the same but are we sure the LR4 didn't have more aggressive rebound control in the shocks? My LR3 has always felt softer than the 4.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the LR4 was introduced here is what Car & Driver had to say (Not sure if these came from manufacturer briefing or not):

The previous LR3 leaned too much in corners for our liking and suffered some head toss on the freeway. For the LR4, Land Rover revised the steering rack and suspension bushings and fitted new suspension knuckles and shocks and a stiffer and larger anti-roll bar. The upshots are less roll and sharper steering, and the ride is better controlled on the highway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut