Santorini Black or Baltic Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caterpa

Reaction score
I have a pretty good offer at two dealerships. They are very close.

The only difference is that one has a Baltic blue Lux with both vision asst and HD packages. The other has a Santorini Black Lux without VA or HD.

I'm not sure I need either of the extras on the Baltic Blue one but despite sticker being 2000 higher, I'd only pay 1000 more than the Black without VA or HD.

help?

The issue of color intrigues me. Any thoughts on that presuming all else was equal......

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good offer at two dealerships. They are very close.

The only difference is that one has a Baltic blue Lux with both vision asst and HD packages. The other has a Santorini Black Lux without VA or HD.

I'm not sure I need either of the extras on the Baltic Blue one but despite sticker being 2000 higher, I'd only pay 1000 more than the Black without VA or HD.

help?

The issue of color intrigues me. Any thoughts on that presuming all else was equal......
Hello Caterpa,

When I got my LR4, I was very open to almost any color, except the silver. I really like the Baltic Blue and the Santorini Black. Do they both have the same color interior? Personally, if you like both colors, I would go with the Lux package for only an extra $1,000 as it does offer some great upgrades: HID lights, surround cameras, auto high-beam, and locking differential.

Ultimately, you have to make the decision as you will be living with the color, but go with the one that you like better. If it were me, the extra features are well worth $1,000!!!

Best of luck - keep us posted! :)

-David.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with Baltic Blue (beautiful colour), to get all the extras for 1k it's worth it, David's spot on with his analysis as well. HD is hard to get without ordering!

Also, black is a really hard colour to keep clean/scratch free.

Last edited:

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Baltic blue. For me its very similar to having black. Very hard to keep clean. The truck is beautiful in this color though. I have the almond / arabica int. What color int. does the 2 of them have? Vision assist I dont have, sometimes I wish I did just for cool factor, but it seems some people have issues with it.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one with VA and HD will have a higher demand factor in the future.

Rob

Caterpa

Reaction score
Both of them have the almond interior. I really am not a big fan of black inside. I have kids and it seems to me it would be harder to keep it looking clean/new.

The guy trying to sell me the black one says that long term I won't be as happy with the blue one and it won't have the resale value that black will have.

The Blue one seems to have more of a metallic look than black and really looks cool up close. I have a black car now and have had to try really hard to keep it clean but when it is, nothing looks batter. I have had to avoid car washes that aren't touchless due to the scratch issue.

Though I still probably wouldn't wash the Baltic Blue one in a 'brushed' car wash anyway...........

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Baltic Blue with Almond. Great combo! The only other color I would want is the Bronze.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with white on almond since it is the easiest to keep clean and looks Great IMO.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with white on almond since it is the easiest to keep clean and looks Great IMO.

Noth that I'm unhappy with my LR4 being Buckingham Blue over Almond. If I could do it over again I would have done Fuji White over Almond for teh same reason.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635