Scrolling through iPod list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good way to scroll through artist or album list on iPod? I have 100s of and maybe 1000s of albums on my ipod connected to the LR4. the only way to scroll is press the button over and over. There is no scroll function. I have changed the setting to scroll 20 at a time but it still takes a while.

Am I missing something? Or maybe I have too much music on my ipod ~40gb.

Rick N

Reaction score
iPod search

I've always found that it's more efficient to navigate by Artist rather than Album when there are a lot of files.

My 2c

Rick

Aether

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good way to scroll through artist or album list on iPod? I have 100s of and maybe 1000s of albums on my ipod connected to the LR4. the only way to scroll is press the button over and over. There is no scroll function. I have changed the setting to scroll 20 at a time but it still takes a while.

Am I missing something? Or maybe I have too much music on my ipod ~40gb.

I feel your pain - even moreso. I have ~120GB >600 artists.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any other way to do it, with the exception of holding the page down/page up to go directly to the end/beginning of the list. Simplifies getting to ZZ Top (one button hold vs pressing page down ~ 30 times). 8)

rustybh1

Reaction score
It takes a while, but I switched the 'genre' field to the 1st letter of the artist in iTunes. Now at least I can go through artists alphabetically.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might not be appropriate on an LR4 thread (and I do own an LR4), but this is one instance where I find the BMW iDrive wheel works well, you just spin it and zip through lists very quickly.

Something like that, or being able to control more functions from the steering wheel would make navigating through the menus more efficient.

I have not found an easier way to navigate through lists on iPod/Phone music either. Again, a wheel to spin through things would be a step up. A wheel to shift gears, eh, I can live without.

Has anyone tried Voice commands for this? Like "play ipod, Metallica, master of puppets"???

Another annoying thing is the SAT radio. When you're listening to Sirius you only see the "Channel" and "Artist", not the song name. You have to push the "i" button to get the name.

The LR technology needs to be a little more streamlined and convenient.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo