SE or HSE?

• SE V6

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Se V8

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • HSE

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SE or HSE, which one and why?

Me: SE V8. Didn't want a Nav, didn't want 19" wheels, and didn't need a cooled glove box....and didn't feel like paying another 6k for an HSE. I did want a V8 though, and mine was the exact color combo I wanted.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SE V8 because all the HSE I found were all black and I wasn't buying another black car in FL. I didn't need the 7 seaters I was finding without kids and I added by own video screen/navigation in the cubby.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the time to purchase came up, an HSE and an SEV8 were both available. I chose to buy the SEV8. Reasons:

- I liked the 19" wheels, but not the tire choices.
- There were only a few option packages that I really wanted (Specific color (black or grey w/ tan) Heavy duty, cold weather, and tech/ bluetooth, etc)
- The NAV system in the LR3 is a joke. Told by many LR3'rs and Disco3 owners to not make it a priority.

Lastly, I don't need to have a plastic HSE badge on my rig to tell everyone around me that I am awesome. The SEV8 is EXACTLY the same vehicle save the wheels, and a couple of doo-dads. Let some other schmo who needs a car to help them feel better about themselves go buy the HSE. Me - I prefer to save the coin and have the same rig.

In the end, I purchased a 2007 Black on Tan leather SEV8 with cold weather, tech and lighting packages. With a CPO warranty. While I did want the HD package, none could be found around me. Upon taking the rig off road a few months ago, I quickly realized the locking diff was not a real needed thing. And...With the savings, I went out and purchased various mods to make the kids happy, make the rig look tougher and protect it.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the used car market, a loaded SE is definitely a price performer compared to HSEs. There is a huge equipment variation of SEs and the stripped ones, pull the average resale down. I love my after-market NAV and 18" wheels (now that they are black). Enjoy!

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HSE7 with all of the options boxes checked (sorry Bigs!) - because it is the primary family hauler, and planned to keep it for at least 5 years.

Now going into 6th year of ownership, and looking forward several more!

Last edited:

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HSE for the stereo!

And the fact that used prices were not much different between the two.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine used, dealer loaner, spotless, with very few miles and a great price. There was an HSE for a few grand more, same year, but white (which I dont like with black interiors and an extra 10,000 miles. To me was a no brainer. Do I wish that I had bought the HSE? sometimes, but that will be the next one. Besides, my SEV8 gets me to see my favorite LR maintenance mgr as often as the HSE (once a month)! Did I mention that I get free car washes and free lattes? ****

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SE V8 for me! I was looking for a CPO's HSE but could not find one with anthracite interior! Everything was Alpacha ! And not too thrilled on the 19"'s but wanted the NAV, Xenon's and Tech package. Anyway, we found a CPO'd SE with everything we wanted and a few grand cheaper then a HSE! SOLD!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted all the options available so chose hse. Also didn't care for the 18" wheels although the tire options vs. 19" are far superior.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink