Seats only move with key in ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ragreene801

Reaction score
We just bought a 2006 LR3 and it did not come with memory seats. This has never been a problem in past vehicles becasue I just move the seat after my wife drives. The problem with the LR3 is that to move the electric seats, the key must be in the ignition, but I don't really fit in the seat (to insert the key) until it gets moved back.

Is there a way to reprogram the vehicle to allow us to move the electric seats without the key in the ignition?
Thanks,
Alan

trouguex

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way to program the truck to power the seat upon entry. The key does need to be in the ignition. Sorry

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is such a pain, I know. On the HSE (memory driver's seat) you can move the driver seat but not the passenger seat (w/o a key).

On the other hand, as much of a pain as it may be, I never have a problem reaching my hand in to insert the key. Once you have a feel for where it is, you can do it from either side no problem.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have a problem reaching my hand around either. You need to reprogram the wife :biggrin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635