shopping for a LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cb333

Reaction score
hi all, newbie here.

been looking for a '16 LR4. Found one with low miles (under 30k). While test driving I noticed a few things

1) it doesn't have the vision assist package. It's a big car and I would want the blind spot assist plus surround camera and reverse detection. How useful / helpful is this option?

2) I popped open the hood (like every car shopper would) and I noticed the hood heat shield has some dried up coolant looking (greenish, yellowish ) stains. I asked if they know what that was they had no clue. Any ideas?

3) interior roof headliner. It has scuff marks all over in the 2nd and 3rd row. Do they come off? (mr.clean sponge? upholstery cleaner?)

thx

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vision package usefulness depends on how comfortable you perceived visibility of surroundings. In an LR4/<'13 RRS with the square side view mirrors, visibility is quite good depending on the angle set-up. Blind spot assist I find it nice to have but not a must have on the LR4.

If headliner is just dirty a good quality upholstery cleaner will do. If you have to replace then ask for discount to cover such cost or have current owner replace it.

Dried up coolant stains on liner? More of a cosmetic issue than functional but could be a sign of something more serious. Would suggest to ask for repair history and check if cause was taken care of and fully fixed. Per indicated mileage this car should still be under factory warranty so even liner cleaning/replacementt should be covered. If over 4 years purchase then you might not be covered so check with trusted indie garage if any issues are still there and ask for relevant discounts to cover related repair costs.

Good luck with your LR4 hunting. Hope this is the one! Surely you will enjoy it very much.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the vision assist package and it is only real worth is as a cool thing to show off to your friends/family...

I almost never use it as the quality and size of the images on the tiny dashboard screen really doesn't help see much of anything. I have played with it while off roading, but again not worth the effort in most circumstances. I thought the blindspot detection wasn't exclusive to the vision assist package either, but it doesn't really offer a ton either. Just a tiny little light in your side-view mirror.

You have to remember that this thing is a giant greenhouse glass box on wheels with some of the best visibility of any vehicle short of a convertible. I'm pretty sure all the last gen LR4s have parking detection, but prolly not the cross traffic detection. I am on the fence about cross traffic detection. It is not 100% reliable, but is sometimes helpful. It will miss things sometimes, and pick up false readings when in a parking lot near a road for example.

In my opinion, the wide angle view of the backup camera on all LR4s is good enough.
If the vehicle you found has all other features you want, I would not let the vision assist package be a deal breaker.

cb333

Reaction score
thx for the tips. I passed on the car mentioned above. Instead went with a 16 LR4 HSE Silver with vision, blacked out and 20" wheels.

excellent interior condition. i'm happy

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you share some details? Always nice to know what someone picked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV