Shutting engine but leave stereo on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut the engine, but leave the stereo on? I know that I can turn off the engine, and then press the start button again with my foot off the brakes, but that would cause a slight interruption to the program that I was listening to.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut the engine, but leave the stereo on? I know that I can turn off the engine, and then press the start button again with my foot off the brakes, but that would cause a slight interruption to the program that I was listening to.

You don't have to press the start button, just press the power button on the radio. That should turn the radio back on.
Now I am not sure how long it stays on. I am hoping it times out after a certain time otherwise you run the risk of draining the battery.

I also noticed that when you are running the radio with the engine turned off, the volume is severely limited. I found out when we are trying to party on the beach and couldn't turn the volume high enough. I guess I understand the reason but I wish they had not implemented this feature.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the old lr3, it display a message"low power mode" or something, i can't remember, the volume can only go up to 20. The new lr4 does not show anything, but it did limit the volume when engine is not working...

I agree, I'm really not used to the radio powers off when you push the button...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you been able to keep the radio on without having battery problems to start later? I went for about an hour at the beach this Saturday and didn't have any problems, but was worried...

mrtp4

Reaction score
When I turn off the truck, then turn the radio on (with the radio button only), it works fine but about 10-15 minutes later it automatically turns off. So to keep the radio on (say at the beach like alexcorral) it seems I need the ignition on. Then I manually have to turn off the climate control and other things to stop the fans etc from running down the battery.

Is there something I am missing? Seems silly that there is no simple way to turn on the radio and leave it on for an hour...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72