Side step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't believe the wild goose chase you sent me on.
Cheaper, lighter, easy to install sliders! I was giddy for a day. Boooooooo

Sooooryyyyy. BTW, the cheaper and easier comparison was to the Tactical 4x4 sliders which are somewhat more complicated to install and more expensive than the Voyagers but also extend further underneath the chassis and have protection for the compressor.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any drilling involved or are there bolt holes already in the frame for these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt holes are already in the frame. On each slider, 6 bolts go up from underneath and 5 go in from the side. 11 bolts per slider. In my case no drilling was required though the people at Voyager did say that on rare occasion the factory drilling process may have been a bit off for a hole. But I didn't experience that on my 2014 LR4. I should also say that mine did not come with steps installed. I don't know if that changes anything. And supposedly the unused holes are covered with stickyback pieces of felt or something though, again, I didn't install mine so I can't confirm that the felt was still there.

Also, this is apparently a minor difference in the LR3 models. Something with needing to cut some trim near the front end. But that is not the case with the LR4 version.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps if mud flaps were installed it may decease the road debris flinging on the bars and wearing away the paint. I may just spring for them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe. But I stand on mine all the time so it is the top that is most likely to get scratched. I did put some of that tape like very course sand paper for secure footing when standing on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM