Sirius in LR 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

WayneHntr

I just called LR Customer Relations to complain (again) regarding no Sirius in the LR 3... and they said that starting December 5th (for MY '06) it *will* be available in the SE and HSE's as a $400 option. I asked him to double and triple check this info and he re-confirmed it.

Could this be true? No sat radio has been THE reason I've been holding back...
Though, now after reading some of the posts here, I'm worried about the lumbar(less) seats, steering failure as well as lurching.

How prevelant are the LR 3 bugs?

Thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, builds post December 5th will (in theory) offer Sirius as an option and probably have Tire Pressure Monitoring... so those would arrive in North America sometime in February or March, maybe later. This is factory only and not dealer installable. As I posted long ago, "Sirius may be available late in the '06 builds, and definitely in '07 for LR3." Of course, plans can change... remember PTI? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zbskii

Why not buy a $50 sirius reciever and plug it into the aux jack? Buy a 1 year subscription and you're still $200 ahead of the game.

M

MarkD

WayneHntr,

Thank you for this info. Do you happen to know when or if they're going to address the lumbar thing? This really ticks me off that they've started leaving it off and I'm scared to get the LR3 without this feature as I do intend to use it for long roadtrips.

One other thing, anybody out there have any info on when LR might get around to making an iPod adapter for this stereo head unit? I sure would love to have my iPod in the glove compartment but accessable via the Harmon Kardon head unit.

MarkD

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard no updates on the lack of lumbar. It's unique to North America. I personally wouldn't expect a change until 2007, but you never know. If enough people complain? According to the dealers around here, only a few people have even noticed it's missing.

Don't expect iPod support anytime soon... that would be something added to a new model year design, not an add-on "adapter." Just be thankful you have an AUX input. There is a chance a 3rd party might figure something out, but I doubt it'll be cheap. No "CD changer emulation" for us!

J

JC0976

I agree with the other poster... By a portable one (Sirius)and plug into the aux jack. That way you can take it from car to car... That's what I do and it's cost worthy too... I have the starmate and can use it with or without direct connection depending on what car is in use.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, cheaper... but some like having less clutter and being able to control via the steering wheel and normal radio LCD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4