Sirius in LR3 (Need installation help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

r0b587

tzinsli - How did you get the power chord to be so well hidden behind the starmate? did you tie it with something? also what do you use to keep the unit in place? Do you have something that makes it stick in there? Also can you explain the exact route that your antenna takes from your hu in order to get outside? Oh and by the way, you dont get any interferance usig the fm transmitter? No static or anything? Especially since I see you are not using the fm transmitter antenna wire thing.

Thanks.

Sorry for all the questions.

T

tzinsli

I left the power cord ******* as it came, with the twist tie. Fits right behind the unit. The unit will squeeze into the rubber liner rather tightly without having to alter anything. It's a perfect fit! You may run into static/interferance with the FM transmitter if you are traveling from town to town since you may run across a broadcast on the same station that you have chosen for your transmitter. If so you'll have to change to another station that is not being used. I've had to do it a couple of times- not too big of a deal.. This is the down side to using the FM transmitter.. The antenna route wound be hard to put into writing a diagram would do better. But basically it's concealed in the dash running below the stearing wheel, out the door under the door seal near the hinge, out under the hood then up along the outside of the windshield to the top center. The antenna sits at the front center of the vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9