Sirius in LR3 (Need installation help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tzinsli

No, I haven't noticed any differences between the right and left channel volumes. The Sirius sounds about the same as the regular radio. Perhaps you've gotten a defective unit.

S

schafari

Actually, the worst signal transmission method is with FM. It is extremely limited freq response. Basically, this is a temp method mostly. If you want much better sound, use the aux input.

R

r0b587

tzinsli - now how in the heck did you get your starmate sirius unit down in that area without exposing any wires? How does it get power?

anyone else can feel free to answer as well if you can.

thanks.

R

r0b587

or how would someone do this without exposing any wires? did they drill holes?

Attachments

• DSCN1656.JPG.jpg
    DSCN1656.JPG.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 206
T

tzinsli

Power comes from left aux. power socket. A small bit of wire shows, but is pretty unnoticable.

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 205
R

r0b587

so where did your run the aux or the antenna cable? I dont see either of them... how did you hide them so well? also is there any other way I can power the sirius other than the 12v cigarette lighter slot? cuz I plug my cell into that and I really dont want to have to get an adapter and have both in the same slot.

T

tzinsli

You could use the other outlet to the right...
The only other wire I have is the antenna cable. It runs in the dash junction just below the power outlet and continues along under the steering wheel. I'm using FM, no Aux. cable.

R

r0b587

if your using fm dont you still need an fm transmitter? which would be another wire comming from the unit? how are you fm transmitting without it?

N

neytas2000

Where do you place the External Antenna? Front roof? Middle? Back? What is the path of the wire from the outside?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9