Sold the LR3...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The _Just

Reaction score
There are some brake lines and equipment there and initially there was a plastic housing around the locker control module. I removed it and put the module under the brake lines which freed up enough space for this battery. It's too tall for the plastic cover but fills the space nicely. The bulk of the open space under the hood is behind the passanger headlight. I fabricated a bracket to hang the solenoid and S-pod on. Still some usable space there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, jwest, I was wrong answering you elsewhere a moment ago… You have an LR now, I see:). I have a 3.0 Diesel that looks different under the bonnet, do you think I can put in a second battery, too? I’m no techie, mind you, I’d have id done by someone.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, jwest, I was wrong answering you elsewhere a moment ago… You have an LR now, I see:). I have a 3.0 Diesel that looks different under the bonnet, do you think I can put in a second battery, too? I’m no techie, mind you, I’d have id done by someone.

So, first of all, us Americans hate/envy you with your being able to choose the diesel ;) To be serious though, you will be better off digging through the "disco3uk" forum where there are many before you having the v6 tdi and outfitting them within your specs. For example, you do not show your vehicle on the signature so i just answered you in the tire thread but with bad info because now i see you have the v6 tdi which if a newer lr4, i have no idea if your brakes are the same size as a v8 lr3 or v8 lr4, or just the same as previous, etc. The point being, I'm now guessing you can easily use 18" wheels due to brake size, but again, we here in US are less familiar with exact info on the diesels.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, ha! It’s not like I don’t envy you guys the big gasoline motors… But those are VERY pricey here and also, my LR4 is supposed to be an expedition vehicle… might go to Central Asia, for example… where gas stations are few and far between, so fuel economy matters… Thanks for the hint, jwest, I’ll update my profile info… And I’m beginning to wonder if I don’t owe you a beer one day when we cruise the US and Canada, which is also our plan. I’ve even been playing with the idea of shipping the car ahead, then flying to it… But I’m not sure if that’s realistic, or safe. Oops, sorry, going off topic again...

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve even been playing with the idea of shipping the car ahead, then flying to it… But I’m not sure if that’s realistic, or safe. Oops, sorry, going off topic again...

I looked into shipping recently. Roughly $1800 NJ - Rotterdam & $2600 back to NJ. Shared high roof dry container. About 6 weeks transit I think. Obviously there's a break even point for lodging vs shipping if you use the vehicle for camping and eating but one can do an awful lot with that same $ just flying with a large duffel and renting a small vehicle for road tripping. So much of the US is easily accessible by just a car and you could even rent a car then switch to an SUV for places like Colorado to explore the easier 4wd routes.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess you’re right:(, especially if it’s 6 weeks ONE WAY, is that it? I wouldn’t part with my LR for that long… Maybe that’s a plan for the retirement then, for a very long trek of the Americas… Hands up who thinks an LR4 can live beyond 20 years if well maintained:)?!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi