Someone have RS Sliders, a ruler, and a couple minutes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need someone with the standard RS sliders (not slim) to take a quick measurement for me.

Can you open a front door, and measure the distance between the verticle plate where it meets the body and the outer edge of the tree protection. I'm trying to find out how far the outer edge of the tubes sticks out from the body.

Thanks

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got just under 4.5"....but I can't say it was a real precise measurement considering my stand-off tubes are caked with mud.

Hey...how was that wedding? :hahaha:

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got just under 4.5"....but I can't say it was a real precise measurement considering my stand-off tubes are caked with mud.

Hey...how was that wedding? :hahaha:

Thanks Erek

Oh and I hate you :argh:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need someone with the standard RS sliders (not slim) to take a quick measurement for me.

Can you open a front door, and measure the distance between the verticle plate where it meets the body and the outer edge of the tree protection. I'm trying to find out how far the outer edge of the tubes sticks out from the body.

Thanks

I have the wider ones they made. Is that your plan? My outer edge is exactly 4.375" from vertical face to outer tube outside edge.

I can easily walk along the side of the vehicle without any trouble because it's out so far. However, this also makes it necessary to be mindful upon exiting the vehicle after you have put on grip tape or else you'll scrape the **** out of your ankles in the summer!

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grip tape is great. I have it on some other key step points including the upper arc on the inner door wheel well which is a nice high step point but on a slope, so the tape helps.

slider%20stand%20off.jpg

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic.

The plan is, I have a set of tactical rover's sliders that are under the knife. They don't seem to stick out as far as I want (2.75") so I wanted to check their comparison with the RS sliders.

Anyways, my mind has been made up. I am adding 1.5" to them to bring it out for some extra protection that is necessary in the PNW's forests.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see if I can load a larger photo... just kidding, I thought it would only show a small version unless clicked on like other forums. Sorry it's causing the screen to go wide.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahha too funny. Yeah right click > save as, allowed me to get a copy where I can see both sides on my tiny 36" monitor

Oh and in case anyone is wondering what "under the knife" means - it isn't bad. The sliders look great. I'm just plating the top and bottom of the standoffs to turn them into a nice set of steps. The wife wasn't too keen on the exposed tube look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9