Source for Black Wheel Touch-Up Paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brizzity

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for touch-up paint for black wheels you'd find on a 2012 HSE LUX? It's satin-like finish is a tough one to pin down. I'm wondering if there's a specific product for this.

IMG_1607.JPG

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a source for touch-up paint for black wheels you'd find on a 2012 HSE LUX? It's satin-like finish is a tough one to pin down.
What you have there doesn't look 'stock'. I think the OEM finish for those wheels was either 'gloss black' w the 'black pack' or 'Diamond turned' w gloss back' like my 16' Landmark has. What you have appears more like the 'Satin Dark Grey' that LR is still doing on a 21" wheel style. Doubtful LR sells a touch-up since in general, LR doesn't approve of even cosmetic repairs to wheels.
When I was looking around for alternatives to the finish on mine I stumbled on a UK Co. that makes and sells OEM matching wheel paints. Here's a link to the LR Satin Dark Grey Metallic (24-00-59). Appears they will only ship waterbase to the US...smallest is about a pint.

https://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/CAR-M...DROVER-SATIN-DARK-GREY-METALLIC-24-00-59.html

Brizzity

Reaction score
What you have there doesn't look 'stock'. I think the OEM finish for those wheels was either 'gloss black' w the 'black pack' or 'Diamond turned' w gloss back' like my 16' Landmark has. What you have appears more like the 'Satin Dark Grey' that LR is still doing on a 21" wheel style. Doubtful LR sells a touch-up since in general, LR doesn't approve of even cosmetic repairs to wheels.
When I was looking around for alternatives to the finish on mine I stumbled on a UK Co. that makes and sells OEM matching wheel paints. Here's a link to the LR Satin Dark Grey Metallic (24-00-59). Appears they will only ship waterbase to the US...smallest is about a pint.

https://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/CAR-M...DROVER-SATIN-DARK-GREY-METALLIC-24-00-59.html

My set up is indeed stock. The wheels are part of the blacked out trim pack that was available on my model year (2012). According to the sales brochure I just found online, they refer to them as "gloss black painted alloy wheels." In reality, they are not what I'd consider gloss, especially next to newer model cars that are much higher sheen. Anyways, that's what I've got, "gloss black" apparently.

Another member on here DM'd me a contact who supposedly has paint that works but that hasn't worked out so I'm still looking...

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your wheels don't seem gloss black to you, because they are not gloss black.

they look like some one has painted your stock gloss black wheels to be a matte finish.

Try a body shop. They may be able to custom match some touch up paint.

Last edited:

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My set up is indeed stock.
Yeah, I was just referring to the finish. That is the wheel style that came on the 20" Black Pack. It's not gloss black, but IMHO it looks better!!
Good luck tracking it down. You might try some of the shops around that specialize in powder coating wheels. Not that they need refinishing, but those shops generally have a large number of finish options and might help you out or point you in the right direction for paint. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick