Spec order pushed back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After being on the order list for my Bonatti Grey/black interior SE, I just found out today that my order was pushed back for April delivery, instead of Feb/mid Feb. delivery and the crappy thing is that the salesperson doesn't know what happened. The thing is, I called them last week and on paper, my order was still on track for Feb. delivery. WHY ME!!!!!!!

Now, the dealership is trying to locate one for me, with the same options that I wanted. Freaking crap.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm looking for a Bonatti Grey/black interior, 7 seater, rear ac, headlight package and rear parktronic. If you're a dealership and have this car, please let me know.

[email protected]

Thanks.

D

discomike

Dealers have no control over the manufacturer and if you look at it from the dealers stand point, they stand the chance of loosing a sale and if they can help they will.
Too much demand and not enough inventory is the problem, if you can call it a problem, this is great for Rover, people are liking the LR3.
Mike j.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, we have 2 LR dealers here in Houston, and both have 5-6 LR3's at any given time, just don't have the color combo i'm looking for. My salesman is the one in charge of making all the LR3 orders at his dealership and he put my order in right when LR started taking orders again. Oh well, he's trying to locate one for us, and unfortunately, we need an SUV pretty soon, since we have a 2 month old baby and we need the extra space for road trips and stuff(in laws in Dallas).

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like any other color combo.

S

SteveA

Which dealer in Houston are you talking to? I was working at the original store there until a recent move to Kentucky (don't ask, it was the wife's idea). I know that if they are having trouble getting your car, it will be tough to find.

Good luck
Stephen

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR dealership on Old katy road near I-10. I don't understand why, they do not know, why the order was pushed back.

D

discomike

Most dealers only get an order update once a month, that is just the way the manufactures are.
Mike J.

M

manxman4000

I ordered an LR3 back in October (Bonatti Grey, Beige interior) and it is scheduled to come here in Ontario Feb 13th. However, it seems that although on paper, this date is a bit up in the air now. I'm waiting for confirmation. Apparently, (according to the sales man) a representative from Land Rover Canada has gone to England to see whats going on with the production as it would seem that this is happening quite a bit..

It would seem that maybe I'm headed for the same fate... I'll keep you updated...

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to haveing a 2 1/2 old baby, we needed a bigger car, so we decided to go with the Black/black(it actually looked better then we thought).

The dealership told us that the order window opened on 1/19/05 for the dealerships in NA to place their next batch of orders and they were all told that they could not order any HSE's. Supposedly, the factory cannot keep up with all of the HSE orders coming in from around the rest of the world. Sucks for anyone hoping for an HSE now. Luckily we wanted the SE from beginning.

Well, i think our dealership has a couple of SE bonatti grey/ alpaca in stock, you might want to check to see if your dealership can make a deal with them. They are Landrover of Houston the one on Interstate 10, if they do call tell them to ask for Alan Lucks.

Good luck, we love ours so far, a whole 130miles, hehe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99