Special Programs off warnings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladysteelers

Reaction score
I had similar problem beginning of this year. Took my Discovery 3 2.7V6 to Land Rover and they said the battery was the problem. Had new battery and all lights now off. Land Rover said the Discovery 3 needs a good battery to work all the electronics in the car. If any of the cells of the battery start to fail the car cannot get enough power to run properly so causing the warning lights to come on. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I am going to have this addressed and “cross my fingers, toes and eyes it is the answer!! “

ladysteelers

Reaction score
You have not set in the vehicles settings Automatic handbrake on have you ? Some countries can have this facility put into vehicles settings.

I don’t think so but who knows. I’m working on reading the Owners Manual Bible lol

ladysteelers

Reaction score
Pull the F26E fuse.

When your three is at the normal height and all seems OK, shut the engine down, open the bonnet, and remove the cover to the engine compartment fuse box. Remove 20 amp fuse 26 and then put the fuse box cover back on and close the bonnet and start the engine again.

A few red lights etc will come on, but the suspension system is now disconnected; air compressor will not operate, vehicle will not raise or lower, but it will drive normally etc. It is just like you did not have an air system but had metal coil springs.

Now drive around for a few days and if you do not have the parking brake problem, then the problem is air suspension related. This I would regard as good news as then that helps to isolate the problem.

If you still have the parking brake problem, then I think probably there is a broken conductor somewhere and that is somewhat difficult to find, but not impossible.

Start with removing the F26 fuse and see what happens, or not.

The link below is to F26 related information as well as other fuses related to the air suspension system.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3778

THANK YOU Very Much!!!
I am very impressed with this forum and the knowledge, experience and willingness of everyone here! It is such a wonderful tool to have. As all LR owners know, these babies are a breed of their own!!

ladysteelers

Reaction score
I agree with the comment re replacing all tail light bulbs with OEM and also the brake light switch.

The brake light switch is a near do it yourself task, as are the bulbs. Even if changing out all does not resolve the problem, it is a good first step and also preventive measure re future nuisance problems - a low cost preventive measure to my mind.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5082
Thank you!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi