Steal of a Deal LR4 - Part Deux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
previous owner used a cheap oil filter which collapsed. I got it from a rebuilder in Texas
Oh bummer! I'm assuming collapsed filter caused blockage/starvation of oil and a seizure? No idea why anyone would cheap out on something as important as an oil filter just to save $5?

I'll hit you up if I need a hand for sure! Thanks for the generous offer man

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given all the engine issues, I'd replace the engine and transfer all the good cooling bits to the new one.
Only issue so far is overheating...I'm repairing the motor if it's a blown head gasket, heck I'd even deal with another timing issue.

I've gone through the process successfully of rebuilding my 2010 LR4 with both of those issues.

If there are more serious engine issues, then I'll cross that bridge when I get there but I'm certainly not ruling out a full engine replacement should the issues warrant that.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome info, thanks @Longtrail! I also noticed that the locking cylinder is stamped with a number. I wonder if I can get a key based off that? If not I'm doing exactly what you described.
A pleasure, in my case I couldn't make out the number so I went with the brute force approach!...

TonyInIdaho

Reaction score
don't know if you have solved your hitch issue. I recently purchased my 2014 LR4. It was also missing the hitch key. You can get the key number off the front of the lock. I purchased mine off ebay from a UK vendor. A little steep on the shipping, but overall a got a couple of keys that work fine. Here is a link to their site.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't know if you have solved your hitch issue. I recently purchased my 2014 LR4. It was also missing the hitch key. You can get the key number off the front of the lock. I purchased mine off ebay from a UK vendor. A little steep on the shipping, but overall a got a couple of keys that work fine. Here is a link to their site.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't had time to do much on this truck yet but this is probably the best option overall.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick