Steering wheel Airbag cover curl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the responses. Ill put it on the punch list and see how accommodating my dealer is...

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My third row seat (when closed) rattles over bumps as well. I was told by the dealer that they couldn't fix it and it was just the design... It is so annoying in my opinion. If anyone knows a fix, please do tell...

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nonsense, no rattles on either of our 3rd row seats - bad dealer.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When 3rd row is closed, try bouncing the seat bottom. One does and one doesn't on mine.

My service dpt mgr said the rubber stopper is worn out/ missing (as is most of the used lr3 on the lot). Part is not available with out the entire $1100 seat assembly. Checking to see if Land rover will authorize the replacement...could be BS. my radar was starting to go off, or maybe he is ***. not sure.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read someplace else about someone making their own rubber stopper for the 3rd row noise out of surgical tubing. If LR doesn't sell the rubber stops maybe they could be made. Think I read it on disco3.uk.com

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked my steering wheel. Yep, it's curling. Funny, wouldnt have noticed it until you guys mentioned it. Riding on a 3rd party extended warranty that has been endorsed by my dealer.. I'll pass on my experiences with you...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what my dealer wants to do also - tubing. I agreed only if LR rejects the claim for the seat assembly, which the begrudgingly agreed to.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fresh off the press, there is now a TSB issued by LRNA regarding the curling airbag cover. LR3s from 2005 to 2009 are included - you get a free replacement airbag if your warranty is still valid. Evidently they must have redesigned the cover to eliminate the issue. I posted TSB at the following link (RRS and LR2 also affected): http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16438&start=21

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume the million or so complaints I made about it while my car was under warranty won't matter now that I'm out of warranty. Or does that sort of 'grandfather' me?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have paperwork showing you brought up the issue with the dealer in the past (when your warranty was still valid), but they didn't act upon it because it wasn't considered a warranty claim at the time, then maybe... Otherwise fuggedaboutit. This ain't no Lexus. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4