Steering wheel Airbag cover curl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great find umbertob! My SA, just declined this last week. This should make for an interesting conversation.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...trim pieces may or may not be covered by (extended) warranties. I JUST spoke to my SA and he advised me to call the warranty people and ask them.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume the million or so complaints I made about it while my car was under warranty won't matter now that I'm out of warranty. Or does that sort of 'grandfather' me?
If they replaced it once for you, the replacement part I believe is covered for an additional 12 months. If that helps...

I'm wondering if the TSB will be covered by my LR extended warranty?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most soft trim is not covered by anything you buy for after the 4/50 factory coverage ends.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might help, actually Todd....wasn't there a recall for the airbag a while back? I know mine got serviced.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the TSB will be covered by my LR extended warranty?

The Land Rover Care branded ext warranty doesn't cover the cost of parts or labor for any TSBs issued after expiration of the factory coverage, unfortunately. Other products out there might, not sure about this one though. It's only a cosmetic defect, it would be a hard sell regardless of coverage. We'll get used to the curl, I hardly notice it anymore until threads like this one pop up, lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4