Steering Wheel Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shod

Reaction score
Just had mine replaced at..... 12k miles! the top of the wheel was getting pitted and sticky.

they also updated the SW to get rid of the annoying clunk into 1st gear.

Last edited:

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced under warranty as well. The new one is not as soft and has a more textured feel to it.

Reaction score
The TSB

My dealer does not want to replace the steering wheel. I am in Canada and he says there is no TSB on the wheel. Can anyone point me toward the actual TSB so I can show the dealer?

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good success in Vancouver with the Richmond Dealer....are you using them or the one Downown?

Reaction score
No

I use Cowell as well. I will go as far as I can politely. Have they replaced your steering wheel?

-Ray

Bremerbuttjer

Reaction score
Had my steering wheel replaced under warranty 100% covered by Dealership - same symptoms.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced under warranty as well. The new one is not as soft and has a more textured feel to it.

I had mine replaced and I didn't even ask for it. There was nothing wrong with mine and I perferred the feel of the older one. This new one feels like pig skin or football leather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo