Suspension fault C1A20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amber alert Normal Height Only

Fault code pulled with Faultmate is C1A20 - pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir (Intermittent algorithm based failure)

It seems most of these are a dying compressor - this in my 07 LR3 which to my knowledge has the original unit. I know it may be the dryer too but I'd probably donate the cash for replacement towards a new AMK unit in place of the current Hitachi. Some say the AMK has no dryer to get blocked - anybody know if so ?

I checked the reservoir for signs of leaks but don't note any - is there an expected reservoir/gallery pressure when the car is off and asleep ? I assume it doesn't depressurize the reservoir when not running so if I have good pressure it would confirm I don't have a leak and it's the compressor that isn't up to the blowing required ?

Seems to be more likely to throw the code on a warm day and only after about five minutes running time. I can hear the compressor running so it's not dead which makes me suspect it heats up and gets shut down by the electronics before it has finished.

I already had the new relay and software update in place.

No other fault codes logged and the height doesn't drop overnight.

Any second opinions welcomed.

-- Stuart

RoverMike

Reaction score
i have the same problem with mine this actually just started like 3 days ago..

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just managed to get an AMK compressor before the prices apparently went up. My local dealer said they went from $675 to $790 almost overnight. I tracked mine down on eBay for $525 which seemed a better move long term as the replacement dryer part is $160. I will let you know how I get on later this week...

beachrover

Reaction score
I had my compressor replace for I think $1,200 at the dealer but the problem persisted within 5 minutes of leaving dealer. Any suggestions?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn around and go right back to them.

There are many parts of the system, also, if the compressor was replaced, but the incorrect software was selected, or no software update was preformed, that could be the problem. Or a height sensor, or a valve block, or the ECU, or any part of the communications network... but if you just paid to have it fixed, take it back and have them fix it.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my compressor replace for I think $1,200 at the dealer but the problem persisted within 5 minutes of leaving dealer. Any suggestions?

I’d have turned right around before the ink dried on the check. At $1200 that sounds like a main Land Rover dealer price...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV