Suspension Fault Normal Height Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
Last week I replaced the battery in my 2007 LR3 that has 72K miles and after a few drives I started to get the error saying "Suspension Fault Normal Height Only". The error will go away after I shut the engine off, but it appears again after a short drive. I am not sure that the error has anything to do with replacing the battery, but that is the only change in normal operations I have had in the last 6 months.

Any idea why this would be coming up as an error?

Thanks for the help.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the compressor still work? Can you hear it function when you engage it and the fault is not active? If you have a 4x4 info screen, does it show the wheels at fairly uniform heights?

Could be a compressor issue, a valve-block issue, or a sensor height/calibration issue.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
Yes the compressor is still working. Everything was fine until I replaced the battery last Wednesday. The screen also shows the wheels are uniform heights.

Sixxy

Reaction score
I think the battery change was a coincidence. My 08 HSE started doing that and while the compressor still works, it is slower than it should be and that is what set off the error code according to my mechanic.

From what I have heard the issue is that there isn't a removable descant dryer on the compressor intake and the moisture in the air will build up and cause the compressor to begin to fail.

Good luck

smeer

Reaction score
I had the same issue , all I did was replaced a flat tire, and after that I start getting the same message. On your info screen by the odometer there is a sign that illuminated with an amber color showing suspension fault , if that is the case than basically all special driving conditions will not work and only the normal height driving will work. If you don't use all those special function than you can live on with that warning sign and it wont hurt any thing, and if it bothers you than the dealer will smack a 1200.00 bill and will replace the faulty suspension, unless your car is in warranty
On the other hand if your sign is RED instead of AMBER color that you can not drive the car for long and it is recommended to be taken to the dealership.
I have a 2006 LR3 and has replaced the suspension twice and it happened again the third time and I am driving it like this from the last one year without having it fixed. Land rover will not take a blame of any kind that why this is happening to their vehicles Good Luck

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sneer, when you say you "has replaced the suspension twice" <sic> what specific components do you refer to as having been replaced? Clearly they were the wrong ones...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112