Swing away rear tire prototype pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire is a 255/50/20, I am still working out my stop design to keep it away from both the tail light and rear door. I turned the handle 3 complete turns, I would be interested in the 90 degree handle. Can you show me an example?

I can't find a good online photo of what I am thinking of. Hanson had one but I can't find a photo of it. However, I did come across an old thread of mine that I posted about a really nice ARB rear bumper for the Jeep TJ. I love the way it operates:
http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=10115&highlight=rear+bumper

PA242497.jpg

PA242499.jpg

PA242500.jpg

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is similar in concept to what I did for my bronco bumper. I used a door latch type mechanism, and a spring pin to ensure it wasn't going to come open. I used another spring pin to hold it open at roughly 90 degrees from closed. However, I certainly like that latch better in both design and how it's hidden while closed.

P9090167.jpg

J.D.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nicely done. As I mentioned in my other comments, didn't know how much movement you were going to get . . . .it didn't seem very "long". Well done, would like to see some powder coated pix when they become available.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635