tail gate latch failure (2nd time)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
is the process above the same one that the dealership uses to get to it? If so, I see why this is a $500-$800 job. I haven't had time to try it yet, although the write up above and a tech document from another forum look easy to understand. Its been 100 degrees here in Illinois the last few weeks, and sitting my 6'3 sized self in the back of the Land sounds like torture about now....

troy freeman

Reaction score
The key is to secure the cable with a wire tie

I performed the repair on my wife's 05' LR3 last night and discovered that I was not the first person to perform this repair.

I added a wire tie to the end of the cable to prevent it from backing out again.

Hopefully this lasts a long time.

For anyone doing this curled up in the back of their truck, it takes a few minutes to get the carpet and backing out from under the trim piece. I was able to then pries open the plastic cover on the solenoid housing enough to confirm that the cable was loose. After almost getting my finger stuck I then used a small crow bar to knock the cable grommet free from the housing and pull the cable out and manually release the latch.

Everything else was as described in the various posts.

Best of luck

Troy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9