Techron anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a case left in my garage from previous cars, was wondering if anyone's put this into their LR4s. Let me know. Thanks!

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a case left in my garage from previous cars, was wondering if anyone's put this into their LR4s. Let me know. Thanks!
From what I have heard,NO fuel additives what so ever.I have thought about it several times, especially with it performance ratings that it states. Land rovers have such sophisticated electronics, I would hate for it to adjust something internally causing a malfunction.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard,NO fuel additives what so ever.I have thought about it several times, especially with it performance ratings that it states. Land rovers have such sophisticated electronics, I would hate for it to adjust something internally causing a malfunction.

From research, BK44 has been approved for Jaguar v8 engines that include LR4s. Just wondering if anyone's put in techron and feel anything different.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Techron twice in the past 10K miles and even though it did not make a difference whatsoever, it did not hurt either...

The dealer here recommends to fill it up with regular (that is what they do with their fleet, and what they put in my truck before I purchased it) which is why I decided to use Techron. I fill up with 93 (highest available octane in MA).

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Techron twice in the past 10K miles and even though it did not make a difference whatsoever, it did not hurt either...

The dealer here recommends to fill it up with regular (that is what they do with their fleet, and what they put in my truck before I purchased it) which is why I decided to use Techron. I fill up with 93 (highest available octane in MA).
The manual clearly states premium is required and there is a warning sticker on the gas cap cover stating this also. Does your dealer know something LR doesn't?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual clearly states premium is required and there is a warning sticker on the gas cap cover stating this also. Does your dealer know something LR doesn't?

When they told me that, I just thought they were plain stupid. If there were no acess to premium, The engine could use regular but it would not work as effectively.

Based on the way they work on the truck they do not know much. Every time they fix something, they never do it 100%. I always have to go back to get it fully fixed, unfortunately each time they decide to mess something else...
Lack of quality control.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1 I'd be running as quickly as possible from a LR service center telling you to put regular gasoline into these things!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 I'd be running as quickly as possible from a LR service center telling you to put regular gasoline into these things!

I agree. However they keep having me coming back to fix the work they botched up in the first place.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. However they keep having me coming back to fix the work they botched up in the first place.

Hmmm. I would begin to wonder if they are using your LR4 for a training exercise.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I would begin to wonder if they are using your LR4 for a training exercise.

Actually met the tech who changed my instrument cluster (which now vibrates), he has 14 years experience with this dealership and was working for a non corporate LR shop prior to this. I pretty upset about the while experience and yet I still love my LR4.
Sorry, this all doesn't relate to the Techron topic.

PS: we should have a vent thread on this forum ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM