Thank you for answering all my questions over the past few months.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally bought an LR3 this week. HSE, Stornoway Grey with a black interior and heavy duty package. I'm sure I'll have more questions after we pick it up this weekend. I can't wait. Sorry to see our Q7 go, but it just wasn't good enough offroad and the LR3 will do much better on the beach this summer. I was very impressed with the dealer...made everything so easy. I was thinking about swapping the 19" wheels for 18's and they were willing to do it. But, I decided to stay with the 19's, since I get 5 of them. I plan to wear out the Goodyears this summer, put Nokian winter tires on the 19's in fall, then buy a set of 18" wheels & A/T tires next spring. Thanks again to everyone that provided feedback over the past few months.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet - congrats! Sounds like an awesome combination.

-Rich

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally bought an LR3 this week. HSE, Stornoway Grey with a black interior and heavy duty package. I'm sure I'll have more questions after we pick it up this weekend. I can't wait. Sorry to see our Q7 go, but it just wasn't good enough offroad and the LR3 will do much better on the beach this summer. I was very impressed with the dealer...made everything so easy. I was thinking about swapping the 19" wheels for 18's and they were willing to do it. But, I decided to stay with the 19's, since I get 5 of them. I plan to wear out the Goodyears this summer, put Nokian winter tires on the 19's in fall, then buy a set of 18" wheels & A/T tires next spring. Thanks again to everyone that provided feedback over the past few months.

That's fantastic! We've had ours for a month now and are really liking it. Which Nokians are you thinking about putting on the 19s?

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to love your LR3! It really is a great, great car.

Patriot

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lyon, I had planned to put Nokian Hakkapeliitta winter tires on the 19" wheels. However, looking at Nokian's website, it appears the 255/55/19 size is being discontinued. My second winter tire choice would be the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow from Tire Rack. It still comes in the 255/55/19 size.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good plan. I think that I'm going the opposite route with snow/mud tires on the 18"s and all-seasons on the 19"s. For now I'm leaving the Crapyears on but will probably go with toyo open country h/t when they go bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72