The Perfect Dog Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and even more awesome in a Land Rover...

Pictures of our Greyhound...only he won't take a back seat to anyone!

As soon as he finishes driving school, we will give him some sunglasses, driving cap, jacket with tie and then have him drive us around!

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Attachments

• Photo for Post 1 (NXPowerLite).jpg
    Photo for Post 1 (NXPowerLite).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Photo for Post 2 (NXPowerLite).jpg
    Photo for Post 2 (NXPowerLite).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 34

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and even more awesome in a Land Rover...

Pictures of our Greyhound...only he won't take a back seat to anyone!

As soon as he finishes driving school, we will give him some sunglasses, driving cap, jacket with tie and then have him drive us around!

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe
Wow - what a beauty! He is such a nice color. I have an Anatolian Shepherd that I rescued about 7 years ago and then rescued the retiring racing greyhound last November. She was on a race track in Florida and deemed to be euthanized because she has zero prey drive and did not race. There is a greyhound rescue in Northern CA called Golden State Greyhound Association that does a great job saving the hounds.

My dogs haven't been in my new LR4 yet, as I just picked it up last Saturday and then traveled to Boston the next day.

Will you be able to take your dog to the states?

-David

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Wonderful story-thanks!

This particular topic (unlike house hunting) does not exceed my LR4 forum threshold. Lots of Land Rover fans love animals and certainly one of the advantages of driving a Landy is plenty of room for animals in the “Noah’s Ark” of vehicles.

We will most certainly be taking our dog. Although the animals we have adopted here in Africa will not be coming with us, the animals we brought to Africa will all make the trip. He is actually a “Podenco Iberico” which is a Canary Islands rabbit coursing (sight) hound. Closest relative is the Saluki of Mali/Niger, although he is close to the Afghan hound, greyhound, and whippet. The coloring pattern is usual for the bread. While we lived in Germany, we picked him up from an animal rescue which specialized in the podencos; he was slated for death at a killing station in Gran Canaria. Like yours, he has an imperfect hunt drive, and probably was not useful by the hunters and simply disposed of. We call him “the mouse” because he is just a big baby, and the greyhound variety dogs are all wonderful animals with a great sense of humor and very gentle and loving character.

My wife actually wants to get a greyhound or other like dog, and there are lots of nice greyhounds up for adoption which we may investigate further when we get back to the states; our problem is always moving internationally with a LR4 load full of animals…but again, that is one of the advantages of the truck and yet another reason we wanted this vehicle. I even have the trailer hitch in case I need to start towing; although, the way things are going, all the animals will be in the truck and I will have to ride in the trailer!

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Wonderful story-thanks!

This particular topic (unlike house hunting) does not exceed my LR4 forum threshold. Lots of Land Rover fans love animals and certainly one of the advantages of driving a Landy is plenty of room for animals in the “Noah’s Ark” of vehicles.

We will most certainly be taking our dog. Although the animals we have adopted here in Africa will not be coming with us, the animals we brought to Africa will all make the trip. He is actually a “Podenco Iberico” which is a Canary Islands rabbit coursing (sight) hound. Closest relative is the Saluki of Mali/Niger, although he is close to the Afghan hound, greyhound, and whippet. The coloring pattern is usual for the bread. While we lived in Germany, we picked him up from an animal rescue which specialized in the podencos; he was slated for death at a killing station in Gran Canaria. Like yours, he has an imperfect hunt drive, and probably was not useful by the hunters and simply disposed of. We call him “the mouse” because he is just a big baby, and the greyhound variety dogs are all wonderful animals with a great sense of humor and very gentle and loving character.

My wife actually wants to get a greyhound or other like dog, and there are lots of nice greyhounds up for adoption which we may investigate further when we get back to the states; our problem is always moving internationally with a LR4 load full of animals…but again, that is one of the advantages of the truck and yet another reason we wanted this vehicle. I even have the trailer hitch in case I need to start towing; although, the way things are going, all the animals will be in the truck and I will have to ride in the trailer!

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe
Hello Land Rover Joe,

Thank you for the information about your dog. You know I wondered if it was a greyhound or a type of sight hound. Such a beautiful dog! Once you get to the states I can direct you toward greyhound rescue - lots of wonderful dogs available from the tracks. Can't wait to hear more about your moving adventure!

Once you and alexcorral are in CT, I will have to plan a meeting when I am here on the East coast visiting my family (several times a year).

Regards, David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. I'll start looking for a Labrador Retriever to adopt when we get settled in CT.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny!

That is awesome. Other SUV makers should get in the game. The greyhound/Anatolian Shepherd-transporting owner is an up-and-coming segment. Tremendous potential.

UAVRR

Reaction score
Nice! However, I think that may be TOO much space for my English bulldog

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90