The Taiwan Freelander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bfr

I have bought myself a 2001 Freelander.Supposed to be.But i had problems since day one and have discovered that this particular vehicle has no traceable origin. The dealer has bought it from Taiwan and has imported it to Namibia.
There are serious doubts about this vehicle's first registration and year model and even its original mileage because of its condition (though it looks fine at the outside). Everything else has packed up. ABS, clutch,Electric windows, and just about for every 80km trip there's something giving in.
How would I be able to trace its origin, its previous owners, its service records.The only viable thing to do is to cancel the hire purchase and to
have the dealer live with his own nightmare.

Please help
Fredi

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting LR directly? Via the Customer Service Center... I know alot of people seem to get no where this way, but you never know. The should be able to at least email of fax you the history of and service done at a dealer. And at least where it was originally sold at. I doubt they will give the previous owner info, but it never hurts to try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo