Thinking of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

arsenal98

I am thinking of buying a 99 Disco. Anything I should know or consider first?

S

SPODONAHUE

It all depends on the mileage and where you take it. I have a '99 Disco II which now has 107K on it (I bought it at about 40k). I took ot to the "authorized" dealer and got nickled and dimed to death without a lot of resolution to my problems until the extended warranty ran out ($6k later all is well). If you are serous about a particular Rover I would find an INDEPENDENT mechanic that works specifically on Rover's and invest a few hundred dollers on a full inspection. I can only speak from my case but I'd pay attention to the heads and see how much carbon buildup there is this can tell a good mechanic a lot. Hoses and belts in good condition and clean airfilters are easy ways to also see if a car has been well maintained... sometimes its the simple stuff. Also a Carfax report (carfax.com) is money well spent. There's my two cents, good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72