Third row seat is stuck :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 LR4

the left third row seat is stuck in the down position. I pull the metal latch that is supposed to pop up the tall, back portion of the seat, but nothing happens.

In fact, when i oress the button that releases the butt/toosh portion of the seat, it seems to be ready to release, were it not for the longer, tall, back portion of the seat being stuck.

I looked at the other seat once it was fulled erected and i can see there are tons of levers and latches and stuff making the whole thing work.

the right seat works fine.

is this a common problem? And if so, is there a simple solution? Or will i have to take it to a mechanic?

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by down?

There are two down functions. The entire seat will collapse "down" to make a flat load floor. The seat back can also fold "down" without the seat collapsed. The load floor will not be flat in this configuration.

If the seat is collapsed with load floor flat, the seat back will not fold upright. The seat base must be raised first.

If this is the case, pull the release strap and give it a good, hard YANK upwards. Mine will sometimes get stuck in this position.

eli4x4

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 3rd row, it was one of the rods that was bent. I'll try and send a pic later, it was an easy fix once I figured it out

eli4x4

Reaction score
When I had the issue, the rod in the picture got caught on the "bolt head". I used a screwdriver to put it back in place. The key is to play with the back of the seat to open it and then you can adjust the rod.

2019-10-17 20.01.54.jpg

2019-10-17 20.02.38-1.jpg

eli4x4

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, you will need to use some force to open the seat. use one hand to lift the latch and the other to pull the back/open the seat, try to wiggle the back of the seat to open it. Once you open it, see if any of the rods are touching each other.
You can PM me or call me if you want

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, you will need to use some force to open the seat. use one hand to lift the latch and the other to pull the back/open the seat, try to wiggle the back of the seat to open it. Once you open it, see if any of the rods are touching each other.
You can PM me or call me if you want
This is why i love this community. People like you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut