Thoughts about this LR4? Looking for 14-16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alchern

Reaction score
Can you pay an independent shop to test drive it and send you a buyer’s inspection? That’s what I do when I can’t go myself. Just pick a good British or Land Rover shop. Ask them to share a template with you before committing. That way you can see how comprehensive their inspection is.

Good idea - I will look into this. Thank you.

Alchern

Reaction score
The alignment looks annual to me. Doesn't seem too alarming. Maybe the dealership was offering some alignment package with purchase. I know a lot of people who take their vehicle in to be aligned every year. Doesn't mean it's out of alignment.

Great to know. The dealership I am potentially purchasing from said they will thoroughly investigate for unusual tire wear, etc.

Alchern

Reaction score
At 40k they replaced brake pads. Count on new pads/rotors soon for the front and possibly pads again for the rear. Nothing serious. Also what are the tires? Looks clean. Buy it as it will disappear.

Not sure of the exact tires (I have asked - awaiting reply). I see in one photo that they are Pirelli brand.

film842

Reaction score
I bought my 2014 sight unseen. Made me nervous but after a long conversation with the dealer I felt that he could be trusted and that more importantly he knew Land rovers. And since I knew that I would be not doing any wrenching on my own anymore I purchased a bumper to bumper extended warranty. like yourself I research these things up one side and down the other until I finally just ran out of patience and took the dive. Love the vehicle and feel like we've done the right thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72