Tire selection for 19" rim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordavea

Reaction score
19" Tire Recommnedation

I have a separate set of OEM 19" wheels for winter with Nokian Hakka R tires, an xlnt winter tire. I wanted a summer tire instead of an all season tire and found the Nokian Z SUV in 255/55R19 fm tires by web. I couldn't be more pleased. This a a W rated XL tire, highly recommended by the German mag, Auto Motor und Sport. Very quiet, responsive, with low rolling resistance and xlnt wet weather capability. Worth a look!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few different tires on my LR3 and I liked the Michelins the best. When I wear out these Pirelli I'm going back to the Synchrone, I think Michelin calls it Latitude now.

Which Pirelli's? The ATR are amazingly quiet and lasted 60K miles on my previous LR3. I now run the oem 19" in the winter months but continentals are terrible in heavy slush and snow in comparison to my 20" Cooper Zeons.

If you don't do any off road but have snow I highly recommend the Pirelli ATR if you dont mind the road noise(about the same as the crap goodyears that came on the LR3) then look at the Cooper Zeon that is now available in the 19".

Last edited:

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Pirelli's? The ATR are amazingly quiet and lasted 60K miles on my previous LR3. I now run the oem 19" in the winter months but continentals are terrible in heavy slush and snow in comparison to my 20" Cooper Zeons.

If you don't do any off road but have snow I highly recommend the Pirelli ATR if you dont mind the road noise(about the same as the crap goodyears that came on the LR3) then look at the Cooper Zeon that is now available in the 19".

I have 40k on the Conti's on my 11'. I don't require any off road capability but would like something better for snow and a bit quieter. You suggested the Pirelli ATR. Would the Pirelli Scorpion Verde be an option?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never tried the verde or have I heard of/seen them before. Are they new?

I believe the Michelins are the quietest (but are pretty expensive) followed by the Pirelli ATR's. The Pirelli ATR will be way better in the snow. The tread is probably the least aggressive pattern for an ATR tire, hence a quiet running tire.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never tried the verde or have I heard of/seen them before. Are they new?

I believe the Michelins are the quietest (but are pretty expensive) followed by the Pirelli ATR's. The Pirelli ATR will be way better in the snow. The tread is probably the least aggressive pattern for an ATR tire, hence a quiet running tire.

I think they are pretty new. Here is some info.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ti...roductResults&fl=&pc=41881&ar=55&rd=19&cs=255

I was considering the Michelins too

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90