Tire size for Cooper AT3's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
Touché'

What advantage do I get from a tire one inch taller than my other choices?
I'd like a tire that's safe on the road as this is my daily driver with quite,a few long distance drives.,. I want a tire that's good off road but I do minimal rock crawling.

The cooper,appeals to me.,

BFG is the superior choice if any off-road is in the equation. You can't hardly get a flat due to the 3 ply sidewall and I have been in some razor sharp rock conditions. Off-road I had many flats on the coopers and others that only had 2 ply.

bonz

Reaction score
Ok, so getting tires this week. Decided on the BFGs though they are bit more costly.

Still cannot decide which size. 285/60 or 265/60.

Is it correct that in the event of a complete EAS failure I could still drive the truck with either one of,these sizes?

The spare is the other issue. I'm going to buy a full size spare, already have a wheel. Hope to eventually get a rear carrier.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure the answer on the bumpstop question. The 285/60 can clear in terms of diameter but it's also wider and that could cause issues. Be SURE to move your wiring harness on the driver's side.

bonz

Reaction score
I decided to stay near stock size with the 265/60...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9