Tires for LR3 BFG??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LR3 and I was curious if BFG made a tire yet that worked on the LR3 stock?

I am looking for the tallest and widest tires I can put on the LR3 stock.

I am looking for a Mud or All Terrain tire.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LR3 and I was curious if BFG made a tire yet that worked on the LR3 stock?

I am looking for the tallest and widest tires I can put on the LR3 stock.

I am looking for a Mud or All Terrain tire.

Thanks for the help!

I have 18 inch rims. Vehicle is stock.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/65/18 BFG AT's are the largest you can fit and run at stock height with minimal rubbing/trimming.

It will rub on the inside of the driver's front fender liner.

No mud terrains can be run at stock height (well unless you spend the big bucks and fit 17" wheels)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..or if you can find a set of 255/55R19 Goodyear MT/Rs. Someone on here was selling a set just last week.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
If you have a picture of the rubbing on the fender can you send it to me please?

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a picture of the rubbing on the fender can you send it to me please?

Sorry no pics, but it is easy to see why. If you look at the front inside bottom edge (where it meets the frame) on each side you will notice the profile on the Driver's side doesn't match the Passenger side.

All you have to do is a little cutting to the Driver's side to make it match the profile of the Passenger side and you're done.

But don't worry too much about this, just run the tires for a bit and they will make a mark where it is rubbing at full lock. Then just get a hacksaw/dremmel and give it a trim.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mack,
If I am not doing much off roading will it hurt anything?

Nope not at all.

Honestly don't worry too much about this. Get the tires installed and run them for a week. You'll see where it slightly rubs. Again only when turning the wheel to the right at full lock. Turning left at full lock or during normal driving you won't hear a thing. You can either not worry about the rubbing and let the tire rub through the plastic, or just cut it off.

The fender liner shape is ok for the passenger side, it is ok for the driver's side too :wink:

You can take a look at this. Turn the wheel all the way to the right then look at the front of the tire where it would meet the bottom of the fender liner on the Driver's side. Then turn the wheel all the way to the left and go look at the passenger side. See the difference? You just need to cut the bottom 3" or soo of the Driver's side so it looks like the Passenger side.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9