Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went for a drive with the wife in the LR3 .... its has been snowing all day we went into a left hand turn at 5 maybe 10 MPH and the LR3 did not want to turn ABS saved us from screwing up our Rover .... We have continental tires 255/55/19 and they suck:eek: what do you guys think would be a good all year tire.

1.Tires for PASSENGER CARs very cheap, bargains, have a look and save
2.Tires for PASSENGER CARs very cheap, bargains, have a look and save
3.Pirelli Scorpion Zero
2.Michelin 4x4 Synchrone
OPEN COUNTRY H/T 255/55 R19 111V RFD
Toyo/OPENCOUNTRYHT.jpg

Last edited:

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the good year wrangler silent armors.. they work great. took them ice racing two weeks ago and they held their own against the aggressive snow tires that were out there.. road noise is minimal and very little drift while driving fast.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the goodyear silent armors and can commend them for their superior road holding ability and overall traction; however, due to their slightly more aggressive tread design and softer compound, i did get a 2-3mpg reduction and they do cause a slight vibration once you drive past 70-75mph.

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the good year wrangler silent armors.. they work great. took them ice racing two weeks ago and they held their own against the aggressive snow tires that were out there.. road noise is minimal and very little drift while driving fast.

Cant seem to find them in a 255/55/19:hmpf:

Last edited:

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem here today in NJ. I had the Scorpion Zeros last year and they were very good. I unfortunately returned to the Goodyears because the Pirellis wore out very quickly and were on back order when they did so. The Goodyears were absolutely terrible today.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a guy selling his 18" rims in the classifieds.. solves the tire size problem :)

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, it might not be the tires. Land Rover ships these trucks to Greenland with the same rubber, and they seem to do alright.

ABS is only part of the systems at your disposal, and not the best one. Did you try the throttle? With the throttle, the system can engage your diff's and traction control also.

Start about 4 minutes into this video: YouTube - Top Gear Winter Olympics Part 3

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video nwoods, and very good advice as usual. BTW pause the vid @ 1:48 and check the road sign out :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635