Tow/recovery strap for LR3 - what weight rating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rovers3

Reaction score
I thought I had read somewhere that ARB and Viking were the first ones to offer color coordinated straps (Flat strap not rope).
******/ Tow straps Orange
Tree protectors Neon Green
Winch extention straps (Flat) Purple

The Stuff from Viking is about the only other stuff i would buy aside from ARB.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing my recovery strap, I think I want the ARB715. Has anyone seen a better price than $100?

Thanks,

Rob

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally for a ****** strap I would go for atleast 24k lbs. For a Towstrap I use straps rated at 8900lbs.

Incase you do not know the difference a towstrap will not take a "******" so you wouldn't want to try and get a running start to "tug" a rig out... For this purpose you would want to use a ****** strap and would need a strap rated at a much higher load. These are intended to stretch and use kinetic energy to help remove a stuck vehicle....

Is the more, the better? Or can a ****** strap be too powerful for the given vehicle? Your 24K lbs translates to 11 t. But ARB also has 15 t straps, would I be better with one of those or not? When overlanding, I humbly admit that I may well weigh in excess of 3.5 t, although I am working on losing weight as we speak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM