Tow Recovery Strap Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks kinda flimsy where it attaches to the hardware on either end, for starters. It is probably more expensive, as well, than a nice big fat standard tow strap and two D-Rings.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see where LR has any proprietary technology other than their brand name on this one. I'd buy a standard strap.

There are threads here on tow straps and ****** straps. I bought one recommended here in a prior thread, but word of warning, the one I bought was oversized and the thing is so big I can't fit it in any of the compartments to tuck it away.

So, get one small enough that you'll always have it with you, but with more than enough capacity to do the job pulling a 5000 lbs. vehicle out of the mud. As it is, I throw it in my truck when I expect to be going offroad ...but sometimes I forget it. (luckily never when I needed it!)

Anyway, here is an older thread with great information on the topic;
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16744

I think we're all on the same page here, but NEVER use a strap with hooks to pull someone out. They are emergency only and should be used with extreme caution. A broken hook goes thru glass like butter, imagine what it would do to someone's skull?

I have been wheeling and rock crawling for around 9 years now and been stuck my fair share and pulled people out. Sometimes it's hung up ******* a rock, or in deep snow, and in mud on rare occasion. But the strap I use I picked up at the likes of Big R or Tractor Supply Co. It's a non-name brand (read "Cheaper") 3" x 30ft rated for 27k lbs and had been a great strap. I always keep at least two clevis' with me, and that has worked every time so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM