Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

listed

Would a mid 90's to late 90's Range Rover haul a open-trailer with a 3000lb car on it. This is all I really need to know. I know that I like Land Rover as a company and most things about them but if it cannot haul my race car, I really can't afford to have one just to drive around town. Thanks in advance.

RvS

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
mid to late 90's LR = any model, has a 5500lbs towing capacity with trailer brakes, without trailer brakes I believe it is 1750lbs.

Just keep in mind, that at 3000lbs the LR will not get great fuel economy, nor will in pass much except maybe a uhaul truck going up hill.

I would also make sure that you have fully gone through the entire motor/drivetrain to make sure that all is well first. A clogged radiator or no oil in a diff will show up real fast pulling something.

R

redgar

I own a 1993 Range Rover and my owners manual states that in Low gear with a trailer equipped with brakes it'll haul 7700 lbs!!! Check it for yourself.

Garrett

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
how often do you drive down the highway in low range? cause that is what it means by low gear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635