Tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tex_jag

Reaction score
I replaced all four on mine a last year, one broke while trying to put air in the tire, that got replaced and I saw that they were original to the vehicle, these units are not designed to work for ever, they do have internal battery that dies eventually, so I decided to get get all 4 replaced. While waiting for the replacements, the TPMS light started coming on intermittently, it will come on sometimes, regardless of the air pressure in the tire. So replacing was also for my piece of mind.
Discount tires replaced them with OEM ones ( I think the originals were VDO units as well), and they charged around 160$ for all 4.
The originals did last 170K miles, so I am hoping these will at least go 100K.

eloist

Reaction score
I had constant bad luck with the replacement set I bought from Discount. After a year of a constant warning light, i finally found the cash to buy an IID Tool. Literally the first thing I did was disable the TPMS system. Best thing ever.

curiousjorge

Reaction score
Are the TPMS sensors in each wheel original to the LR3?
If they are not original, when were they replaced?
Did they test the sensor in the spare?

If original, 11 years means they are NOT good anymore. Not sure how the tire shop tested them, but sensors rarely last much past 10 years. Replace or remove/disable.

I removed my sensors and disabled everything with my IIDtool when I upsized my tires.
I just check pressure myself, like the good old days.

Can anyone confirm that there should be a sensor in the spare? I keep getting mixed answers...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72