Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottwdrussell

Reaction score
Installed a 7 pin Land Rover wiring harness for on my 2013 LR4. Pretty sure the brake lights were working for a bit, but now there are not.

Hazards work turn indicators work, the brake works and the brake controller works. I just don’t get brake lights.

I have checked all the fuses and replaced any that were burnt out. Looking at the seven pin voltage, I get 12 V everywhere except for the left and right brake connectors. When the brakes are on I only get 1 to 2 V. I even borrowed a friends truck to see if it was the trailer, All lights functioned with my friends truck.

Cannot figure out for the life of me what’s going on… Any suggestions would be fantastic!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they were working before I'd go through the entire harness and test all of the connections.

You can test continuity using a multi meter pretty easily. Trace it back and see if it's just a pin pulling out or something dumb.

I installed my harness a while back but doesn't the harness connect inside next to the 3rd row seats on the drivers side? That's where I'd start.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72