Trailer Light Harness 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladric

Reaction score
I see $ all over the place and I only need to use a trailer once a year or less.

Anyone get one of these Teknsha 118275 for $30

John Robison

Reaction score
Be careful - the 7 way round connector is meant to control electric trailer brakes. Range Rovers do not have trailer brake controllers built in (an example of a vehicle with built in trailer brake control is a Chevy 2500 pickup with tow package)

So this connector, in a Range Rover, will light tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals but it won't stop the trailer.

Trailers that don't have electric brakes generally use the flat 5 pin connector

If you want to tow a trailer with electric brakes you can buy a remote trailer brake controller that relies on an accelerometer in the vehicle and a radio connection to a box on the trailer that cycles the brakes. Look up wireless trailer brake control on a site like E Trailer

Ladric

Reaction score
I only need to rent and pull a light trailer maybe once very few years (need to take something big to the cabin up North). I would love to have one of those overland trailers with the tent and bike racks - but that would be just for the looks of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM