2016 LR4 - Genuine Trailer Harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I struggled to get the clips along the run to clip in, so just did the ones I could and called it done. Have been a problem so far.

Reaction score
yeah, ill give it a shot. the space between the cover and metal support is really narrow. the connectors are huge. either way ill get it, just wasn't sure why it wasn't as the install doc, but not my first rover so no biggie. ill post up results.

Reaction score
I got the NA setup from Paramus. Looks like rear cover needs to fully come off, still doesnt account for the inserts behind the bumper cover, but ill cross that bridge once i get to it.

PXL_20220218_195549639.jpg

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed mine without removing the bumper cover, you can get the wiring loom run to the right place, starting from the hitch plug, and feeding the two connectors back to the tail light area. Someday, I might remove the bumper cover and clip the brackets in. I thought you had to remove the wheel arches to get the bumper off, hence why I skipped it.

Reaction score
Did yours have the plastic insert like in my pics on the first post? That must either get removed or simply prevent the retainer from getting screwed on. It does seem like enough room for the big connectors in between.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kit did not include the retainer (part E) at all, just some foam tape to go around the connectors. Since there was no retainer, I don't recall whether there was a plastic piece there or not. I'll try to get a picture of things with my taillight off and post here later tonight.

Reaction score
After fighting for a bit I realize with the Genuine kit I just need to take the bumper cover off. Anyone have a parts book diagram or know anything specific for removal? I assume some if not all of the rear flares need to come off?

I cannot get the wires to route well, and the attach points on the inner bumper support to the harness are covered. It seems like it will get hung up on the counterweights. Any help on bumper cover removal appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV