Tranny? Shaft? Need Some Advice Please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DUBLZ

Reaction score
Hello all, I am mostly a search and reader but needed some help on this one,. I have a 97 4.6 RR. My H tranny works in P. R. and 1 initially. Once I take off in 1 and shift manually up to dirve as speed progresses it does just fine after it hits 2nd gear of about 15mph+ and continues to work fine in drive until I have to stop of slow below 15mph. Apparently 1st gear isn't working? I have changed the fluid 2x recently and added Lucas and still the same issue. Not to mention today after trying it again, my purge ****** on top of the radiator broke off and spewed coolant across the drive. Is it as simple as gettin some sort of brass or metal replacement to insert or is this task more difficult. Thank you all for your advice and wisdom on this.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
By purge ******, if you mean the cheap plastic screw, then yes... you can get a brass replacement.

Tranny, not sure on the 97 if the tranny is controlled completly by the ECU or not..., it may just need the ECU reset.. if not then you need a new tranny.

DUBLZ

Reaction score
I know this is not good, but when I had the car in drive I ran the rpms to about 2500, the transmission caught and it worked fine. This is not an answer but wonder why this seemed to work. Any suggestions or transmission gurus out there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM